At the Sydney jewellery fair on September 27 last year, the hot topic of discussion was about synthetic diamonds. A panel of discussion took place in order to address the impact of this particular sector on the local market. The synthetic diamonds have attracted a lot of attention in the recent years and it was discussed that not only these are infiltrating the international market widely but also the local markets and jewelry stores Sydney wide as well. The topic of the panel discussion was about natural versus Synthetic diamonds and their impact on the Australian jewellery industry. The discussion that went on for more than an hour dealt with numerous topics ranging from opportunities to threats posed to the Australian industry.
There are numerous jewelry stores Sydney wide selling all sorts of jewellery ranging from jewellery made of precious stone, to antique jewellery and fashion jewellery. However, for all those individuals who are really obsessed with jewellery and cannot get enough of them, this article will have some tips in jewellery-making for beginners. Jewellery making can not only bring out the creativity in you but can also open a door for numerous ventures. Who knows? You could even open your own fashion jewellery store Sydney based some day.
· The first and undoubtedly the most complicated step is to make a decision about which kind of jewellery you will try your hand at. It is definitely not possible to learn all sorts of jewellery making skills all at once. So it is important that you choose the kind of jewellery you would like to make. Starting with one of the easiest techniques like beaded jewellery would be a great idea if you are unable to take your decision. The next step is to choose the medium, be it glass or clay or metal. Once you start with one medium you could move on to another if you wanted to.
· Now, whatever jewellery making plans you have would require you to learn some basic skills like opening and closing jump rings, forming simple wire loops etc. And these will be the first skills that you would definitely need to practice and master.
· The better tools you use, the easier the process of making your favourite kinds of jewellery would be. When you start, it would look like a bit of an investment but eventually when you fall in love with the art, you will be grateful about your choice to buy good quality tools. Once you have all the required tools, the jewellery making process becomes really inexpensive and way lot easier. More info at Moi Moi Fine Jewellery.
· Although initially it would be really confusing, however, it is really important that you learn the terminologies. For example, you need to know the difference between a head pin and an eye pin. There are many more and the more you get indulged in the whole process the better things will work out for you.
· Most of the supplies are available online; however it would be great if you could find local shops where you could possibly get the supplies.
You can try looking at websites like http://www.moimoi.com.au/ for more information on jewelry stores Sydney has.